Monday, April 21, 2008

Gregory Wayne Oden Jr.


My parents went to Portland this past weekend for a conference related to my dad's work. It took them basically all day to get to Portland stopping in Arizona at one point and then finally making it to Oregon. As I was told my dad was joking with my mom saying that they should call and say they just met Greg Oden. Even though he was joking around a few hundred feet away in the airport Greg Oden was there, looming over a few people. If you don't know who I'm talking about when I say Greg Oden then I'm not sure you should be reading this. Anyway my mom got all excited and ran up to Mr. Oden and got her picture taken with him and his autograph. SOO JEALOUS. As soon as she walked away from Greg she called me to tell me what just happened. She was more excited than a little kid in a candy store for the first time. As I asked her details about what was said between the two she said she couldn't even remember because she was in such a whirl. haha. I thought it was neat to see how excited she was to meet him and then at the same time was very envious that she got to meet him. So basically Greg Oden and I are family now.

No comments: